Saturday, October 17, 2015

Saturday's Designing with vintage No.3

Happy Saturday Darlins,

I'm excited this morning! 
We are doing some demo of the kitchen counters today!

I want to get this post out to you before the jack hammer gets plugged in! 

Let's get right into No. 3 of Saturday's "Designing with vintage" series from my home. 

The Entry is the first place 
that makes a lasting impression.


1970's to our French Normandy Farmhouse entry.


BEFORE

1970's tile, skinny base, gold oak, pocket door 
this was what it was. 
A waste of a space....

Behind this little pocket door was a small bath, corner plastic shower and two bedroom with only one closet... weird!

We tore it all down, I'll share that later.


 1970's to our French Normandy Farmhouse.

I found two sets of European doors...
&
knew immeditaley where one set would go



The doors are extremely thick & heavy. They were 11 feet tall with the transom.
We reworked them, cut them down & I found this beautiful glass to put in.
The original carvings were missing so we had new ones hand carved.


Behind the doors is a little foyer we created between the master suites.
I will share the moldings on another post, they are my favorite!



You might recognize the from my side bar, now you can visulalize it's location in the house.

Two bedrooms are off each side with this charming foyer in the middle. 
Each suite has a walk in closet & marble clad bath I'll share later!


Changing the accoutrements around for the seasons keeps the entry fresh.

This was Spring



 Across from the doors aEuropean Antique iron conslole is hung with a marble top.
Above Antique french mirror.

A mirror in the entry is important, beautiful and serves a purpose...
Catch those bad hair days & grab a ball cap before you walk out!


Usually greenery or fresh picked from our garden.




A nice place to leave a afteschool treat.


I love chandilers, i know you do too!
 Pretty in day light & always elegant.



The Vintage List 
 Antique Doors found in Los Angeles.
Basket is french with wheels, I added vintage european linen found @ a friends yard sale.
Iron Bed with planters found @ a french shop locally.
Umbrella white with clear  handle found@ a midwest fleamarket.
White dust pan & baby sand box shovel found @ The Rose Bowl flea market.
White shelf found @ a quait little shop & I added the vintge door knobs.
Wood bench is european found @ Roger's Garden's New Port Beach.
 Large Antique Urn-traded for, read the last post for details!
Chandlier found @ orange county flea market.
 Antuiqe french mirror found @ a vintage flea market.
Iron Console with marble top found in Los Angeles@ quaint shop
 French chair found@ a vintage sale.
Milk bottle found @ flea market.
Beaded Crest patch - family heirloom.

We love the entry so far...it's a big transformation & fits us now!
I can't wait to see the Antique front door in the next phase of the renovation!

We haven't touched the front exterior entrance YET!
Of course...I have my front doors! Blanketed out in the storage trailer...
I can't wait to see them, they are Antique and will be coming up in the next phase of the renovation! 
Hang in there when we get to that phase of construction you'll hear all about those doors & their story!

I'm here to help... contact me if you need help in refreshing or building your Entry. 

A beautiful weekend to you!

P.S. I had to finish this post after I helped with the demo...
 already done!
Going in to clean up & make a lunch run!!!


xo,
me

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gail, yes, yes,!! Those doors I have talked about for years with you, they made such a lasting impression on me that I have often mentioned them to you in wonderment as to exactly where they are or go. The paint washing like lime waxing is close to some of my pieces here and what I wouldn't give to have those doors in my home :)

    I love also the floors, and am wondering about the Lois,e floors that look like sheets of finished wood laid. I am excited to see what you are doing in the kitchen, I guess we have to wait until next Saturday to see anymore progress in your home designs?

    See you soon my dear,
    It's all so breathtaking.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those doors are amazing! Perfect for the space you've created around them. Your style is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! I love the doors. Lovely styles. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail