Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Favorite stops in Chicago

Morning Darlins,
Hope your Father's day weekend was relaxing & special...
Had a wonderful time at the Lobster bake...I think I'm good on seafood till next year! 
The families had an awesome time and the games the DAD's had to play were hilarious!
On FD Sunday we took our boat out on the bay for the first ride of summer. 
A beautiful day in San Diego just hanging out on the water!

As promised here are my new fav's I discovered on my trip to Chicago last month.
Might want to put them in your file to check them out!

First
"ALL SAINTS"




When you walk in you see this feature wall.
Filled to the top with vintage sewing machines...


A closer look, I think there had to be about 500 sewing machine in this store.
My dad was in the sewing machine business for abut 25 years, 
I grew up with sewing! Later I designed my own line of Children's wear and created my own brand.
 I loved seeing this store,
it has the coolest clothes for men & women.
From jeans to jackets and in between.
 The decor is spectacular.
 I couldn't help thinking of my family in here, especially my DAD!
Kinda... in a teeny way made me want to start a new brand! Ha ha!

Next 
P.O.S.H.

I read about this store & had it on my list of places to visit...
So happy we did!


Towards the back of the store was this glassed in english style garden house.
P.O.S.H. has a nice mix of curated vintage paired with new items.

A beautiful little shop in a historic building with charming merchandising 
&
 the sweetest sales gal chatted with us as she was wrapping up some pretty little earings I bought 
&
 gave us a little drawn map to see 
more beauty & shops.
So glad we found this one...


As we walked along the beautiful streets we came upon this...


The front of "CLASSIC REMIX" was so pretty we had to check it out!


My cousin & I love garden elements so this was like a magnet...


"CLASSIC REMIX"
It's a gorgeous home furnishing store accented with garden elements.
I felt it had a urban yet casually gorgeous vibe. 
For us SoCal girls it had a NewPort Beach...ish lux beach house feel.
Loved it!
 & 
the sales gal was really helpful & sweet to us. 



Next
As we walked we saw...


Spring in downtown Chicago is gorgeous...




OLDE archectecture... 
If you look to the upper right of this photo you can see the terrace with the boxwood & topiaries!
Mmmm. LOVE the natural gas lanterns...


LOVE the iron window box!


A Vintage coup parked out in front...
So this ends the trip of Chicago, we had a fabulous day and so happy we spent this day together.

Hope you get to Chicago 
if you do, I think you'll find it's amazing!

A beautiful day to you!
xo,
me










6 comments:

  1. Would love to see a new brand from you Gail !
    As for the shops details to all it inspires I too love it. The industrial loft feel and the warm vibe is WowNess :)

    Thank you for sharing that wall of sewing machines.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dore, Yes you would have fun there! It's so fun to see the olde buildings, great dining & shopping! The sewing machines... I was in awe of who ever created the store design it was amazing. I hope you get to visi there sometime.
      Oh the brand...would be fun howwever I have too many iron in the fires already!
      Thank you!
      xo,
      Gail
      A beautiful day isn't it!

      Delete
  2. Helloooo Gail!*!*!
    LoVe the Chicago Pics!!! I need to spend more time down there!!!
    Jeanine Burkhardt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanine, Yes a must at least once a season!! We took the train in from Keosha & it was so lovely to relax & no parking worries.. When I was growing up we went into Chicago a couple times a year. School shopping in August & Christmas time.
      Have a beautiful day..
      xo,
      Gail

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am originally from Chicago and this post has me missing home even more. Shopping was always a delight there. So many neighborhoods and you hit some fabulous shops!!
    Those spring flowers were much needed after the bad winter they've had.

    I truly enjoy my visit here. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get there to visit Rhonda, I'm sure it has changed over the years. I'm glad you enjoy visitng here at Causl Loves Elegance, I love having you stop by!
      Sweet summer to you!
      xo,
      Gail

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail