Saturday, November 2, 2013

Vintage hardware

Mornin...
Do you feel welcoming November is the calm before the storm!
I have been focussed on hardware for my new custom doors.
 Finding some unique hardware is challenging, 
 I prefer vintage!
The iron work is so beautiful, simply works of art.


NewYork city school knob, wonder if this was on a special door or standard throughout the school?


Do you think these are silver?


Glass knobs & skeleton keys are so pretty, I grew up with these.
 Love to old homes that still have them.


Love how this knob is used to hold back the curtain.




Gorgeous..
Have you ever been at a front door and wondered if you should use the door knocker???


Or do you play it safe... and ring the doorbell!!!


Pretty heart key plate, perfect on a country door.


This is so beautiful... I just need about 12!


Love weathered wood & Iron work

 & this door

 & this darling little girl!!!!



The holidays are right around the corner, never to early to get some DIY ideas!
I am going to be making these I will show you how!

My Design tip: A vintage door knocker will add character to a plain door.
 Glass knobs are a pretty option for a powder bath and bedroom door.

Have a beautiful weekend, 
xo,
me
Hop over to SECOND SHOUT OUT blog for my Saturday series "Designing with Vintage".
Visit CASUAL LOVES ELEGANCE store for vintage! 

All photos today Pinterest.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail