Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Vintage BLUES*

Morning Darlins...
Springs first official weekend...
 intoxicating fragerance of orange and lemon blossoms are floating in the open air and seeping through the windows here.
Yesterday our lemon grove had its biggest pick yet! 
 9 full boxes of gorgeous lemons, each box is 4' x 4' x 4'!
{If you come a cross a pretty, large lemon this summer in the market who knows, 
maybe it came from our grove}!

The freshness of the new season is the perfect time to start cleaning out and de-clutter our homes.
 Make room for new blooms from the garden.

 I bring them inside and basically they are my Spring decor!
Spring's
vintage blues
are lovely....


My vintage heirloom clock has pretty blue rhinestones, 
I love it!


Taking a peak around my house...
 I was surprised that I do have some pretty vintage blues to share!!!



The vintage french sconces are my favorite.
L*O*V*E the blue tear drop crystals...
Sadly a few, got broke in moving.... 
{if you ever see any I would love you to drop me a email}!


A vintage oil painting on canvas has some pretty blue flowers and tones on it! 
This was a family piece too..
I adore this little painting!
Also this vintage linen tea towel wrapped around my nana bread has some pretty blue delicate fret work edging.


This little nest with a pale blue paper egg is a sign spring is here!


My dried hydrangeas in pretty shades of blue 
are hanging here in my dining room!

I have more vintage blues than I thought, I am delighted to have them freshen up my Spring decor!
My design tip:
Little touches of a single color adds a subtle change to any seasons decor without over powering your home... like a patchwork.

Hope your first weekend in Spring is gorgeous!

Off to my sons baseball game!
xo,
me

Click over to my Saturday's "Designing with Vintage" series on SECOND SHOUT OUT blog.
I have this pretty vintage, hand painted blue sap bucket you might fall in love with in my store!















3 comments:

  1. Hellooooo Gail...
    LoVe your Framed Hydrangeas on a string!*!*! A*N*D Soooo glad to know I'lll be seeing YOU at the Na-Da Farm SaLe!*!*! Do stop by and say *Helloooo*
    Jeanine Burkhardt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanine! I have them still hanging from last fall! Yes I will definitely make sure we connect at NA-Da farm!
      So excited! I would love any recommendations for flea markets or vintage shopping that week! I will be in Kenosha and near Lake Geneva! I can't wait I miss the Midwest sooooo much!
      xo,
      Gail

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I'm loving tones of blue right now. It's just so soothing! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail