Saturday, January 26, 2013

European painted cupboards

It is raining here in SOCAL... 
a little steady rain for the last 24 hours, we need it .
Fun to wear a trench & some cute wellies!

Today is my Saturday's "Designing with vintage" series on SECOND SHOUT OUT blog.
I have always loved the time worn finish of a painted cupboard, it just has so much character.
I rarely will paint a piece, I only love the true old painted pieces. I am not into painting everly thing white...
UNLESS it's a built-in piece I have designed that needs a crisp glossy paint finish,
 then I will  have it professionally sprayed with high gloss enamel.
I have been looking for a while for that perfect piece for my powder bath project that is under construction.

I found it!
L*O*V*E


The space here is small, about a 1/3 of the sq.ft of the old bath that was here. 
{A wider hall was more important so we cut the bath to make room for the new hall to a future laundry room}
I wanted something unique and special with European charm for this french farmhouse powder bath.

{If you look at the left corner on the floor I had to have enough space for the door trim}
I have exactly the right amount with this piece. also a toilet will be coming from the wall and has to have space. 
This is perfect... I didn't measure before I bought it, but I have a tape measure built in my brain!


This old pine corner cupboard is very Sandanavian... the Azure old paint finsh is so lovely. 
I don't have any other pieces with this colour, but I love it so much...it's so worn and yummy it will be perfect with what I have planned.
 I love where I acquired it from, so it's special!
This Scallop edged moulding piece at the top is amazing. 


This is another painted piece I saw on Pinterest, doesn't appear to be a corner piece though, But I love the primitive charm it has too!


This White Nordic style corner piece hangs on a wall or you could set it on a counter...you can purchase now at my store

My Design tip: European vintage cupboards are beautiful. Using them for storage is practical and uniquely adds a touch of style to a space.

Have a beautiful Saturday!
xo,
me

Hop over to read this whole post on SECOND SHOUT OUT blog  and do someVintage shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail