Friday, February 17, 2012

My favorite map*






Happy Friday Darlins..
Hope you had a lovely Valentines... Mine was just right... A movie "The Vow" which was cute! After the movie our youngest son joined us for dinner at CRUST. It was perfect I was only missing my oldest. Though got a beautiful text first thing in the am from him!

In October of this year I went to visit my family in Wisc. and Illinois. I try to go every year, I love seeing my family and catching up! My favorite place because I grew up there and everything is so familiar and my memories are everywhere there.
I visited my old house on Crooked Lake and took some pictures from the street of my old yard at my old house, the boat ramp and the little sign that is still there! I Loved Loved Loved my childhood it was so much fun. Everything was centered around family and friends it was truly lovely.. Lots of our family gatherings with my Grandparents at their Lake house on Sand Lake just a couple miles away.
{See Map Sand Lake}.
My Heart will always be there... It's were my roots are, sooo special for me to visit. It feels like home!
A tiny little town Lake Villa in northern Il, just borders Wisconsin. Just beautiful....My family knew everyone and it was so fun! I wish my boyz had a Lake to grow up on!

I have lots of pictures that I will scan someday and share...

Have a beautiful day***
xo,
me

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gail!
    I did not know you were from my neck of the woods!
    I think I know where Sand Lake is ....for sure!
    (I am in Lake County too) Small world.
    So glad I got to see this post.... so lucky!

    Your blog is so lovely.
    Your images gorgeous.
    xox
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gail....Dejavu!! I remember that view. I loved visiting you and always wished I could live there!
    So lovely, thank you for sharing!!
    Big hug!
    Star

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail