Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I pledge Allegiance...







I'm so proud and honored to say those words,it gives me chills every time.
Almost always the beautiful song "America the Beautiful" brings a tear...
I love love love the symbols, the flags, red white and blue decorations and the patriotism everywhere!
What so fantastic is.. I notice a lot more humble hearts and humanity on this day too!

I hope your day was filled with all of these!

Recognizing that our Freedom came at a cost. All the men and women who gave their lives for us to be able to celebrate our freedom everyday day as a country.
It is truly the utmost honor to be an American*

We celebrated at my sons 12 year All star Little league game for the last three days where our team had their 3rd WIN in a row! We enjoyed the day with all the families of the players.
It was when they took their hats off for the pledge of Allegiance... yep I got chills and a tear this time!!
After the game the coach had the team and families over to their home for swimming and we celebrated my son's friend Patrick's 12th birthday! He was so sweet as the whole team and families sang "Happy Birthday" as his mom brought a cake out with of course the coolest red white and blue and stars theme on it!! 4th of July.. what a cool birthday.

Here are some pics of my little All Star when he was younger!
Blessings!
xo,
me

picture #2 my little story!
You see the little red spot on my sons cheek? About 8 weeks after birth I noticed a couple red marks on his face and head. The doctor told me they were hemangioma s.
This one on his cheek had the perfect shape of a heart!
My mom said it was because he was kissed by an Angel!
After several laser treatments and time it is almost disappeared..
He use to point to the spot and ask What is this mommy? I used to tell him An angel kiss!!

I did a post back around Valentines day about the heart shaped rocks he always searches for at the beach for me.
Hearts.... He stole mine!!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful perfect All American day, your son is absolutely adorable and reminds me of my youngest son with the same coloring. I loved how they all took off their hats to honor the of the anthem.....I am like you I get teary eyed everytime I hear America the Beautiful...so moving and it makes me so proud to be here in this fantastic country and then of course when you think and consider all the sacrifices being made by so many young(and old) men and women, if that can't make you cry..what will!!!!!!!! Beautiful post...congrats to your son for his 3rd win! Fantastic-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment. Visit often and say Hello!
xo,
Gail